POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) : Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) Server Time
6 Oct 2024 04:52:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP)
From: Alain
Date: 11 Oct 2014 16:16:23
Message: <54399017@news.povray.org>

>> Hmm. If considering your image, which is circular, I guess you will need
>> 'once'...
>
> I was thinking that since it's circular, if I had it repeat across the surface
> so that I had 2 full images, each hemispherical, then I could map it onto an
> oblate spheroid and then bury it halfway into the ceiling.
>
> So there.
>
> With regard to blood sacrifice, clipka has slayed the Gamma Dragon, so now
> THAT's not an option.  Somehow Spline Ducks don't quite have the same sense of
> grandeur.  But then..  wait ...  yes!  The Stanford Chocolate Bunny!!!
>
> Bring out the Holy Hand Grenade!

Take a simple sphere, unevently scalled, and simply apply your image to
it as an image_map.
Something like this:

sphere{0, 1 scale <1,1, 0.2>
  pigment{
   image_map{ png "Medaillon1.png" translate -0.5 scale 2}
  rotate 90*x
  rotate y*Light_source_Fudge_Angle
  translate Final_Location
}

As the image is scaled to the same dimention as the sphere, you don't
need to use once.

Now, you only need to make sure that it's correctly oriented relative
the dominent light source so that the shadowings are coherent.

A beter way would be to create a hightfield of your medaillon and use
water_level to cut out the base. That way, the shadows will always be
correct.

Alain