POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Calculating a plane through a bunch of points : Calculating a plane through a bunch of points Server Time
8 Jul 2024 14:08:04 EDT (-0400)
  Calculating a plane through a bunch of points
From: Ger
Date: 11 Oct 2014 12:19:22
Message: <5439588a@news.povray.org>
I have a set of points, 2 rows side by side of 5 points each. The x and z values are
set in a grid pattern, the y-values vary. I would like to calculate a plane that
averages all
points in such a way that some points will be above the plane and some will be below
it. The plane itself needs to tilt on the x and z axis in such a way that it gets as
close as
possible to all points. So it's not going to be a simple plane{ y, 0 translate y *
shiftvalue}

How would I go about doing this?
--

Ger