POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) : Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:09:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP)
From: Alain
Date: 9 Oct 2014 19:21:45
Message: <54371889$1@news.povray.org>

> So, I've spent a little while reworking some of this, and the thing that struck
> me is how rich the image maps come out, and how dull and lifeless the
> eye-dropper tool sampled rgb colors come out when I try to incorporate them into
> a color map.

When using the eye-dropper, it's often good to, at least slightly, blur
the image.
Another thing to do is to zoom in by a large value. Here, zooming by 10x
or more can realy help.

You can always add a "varnish" to your floor by adding a layered texture
with a fully filtering yellow/golden hue. That top layer can also be
used to controll the reflection and highlights.