POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) : Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) Server Time
13 Jun 2024 04:44:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 9 Oct 2014 03:39:07
Message: <54363b9b$1@news.povray.org>
At first glance, I would say that - as is - the /colour/ of the floor is
oak-like, although a light one. However, I think you should do a couple
of things:

1) break up the floor in individual boards. In this wip, boards are
simulated by scaling the texture to the extreme but that is not
wood-like. In the thread 'Silentium - final' I uploaded an older image
of mine (De Dulle Griet) where you can see different wood textures,
particularly the floor which is a macro originally by Dan Hentschel
which I adapted to my own needs. If you are interested, I can put it in
p.b.s-f.

2) use a wood pattern properly scaled and rotated. Now, you will soon
discover that moiree effects will appear when applied to the floor. You
will need to play with the texture's scale and/or the colour contrasts
until they disappear.

3) if you want a more honey-coloured floor I suppose you should add more
'yellow' to your texture ;-) I shall look at your texture but be
patient: I am rendering a final version of Silentium and that is taking
most of my resources for the reminder of the week.

Thomas