POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : TekWallPuzzle : TekWallPuzzle Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:01:37 EDT (-0400)
  TekWallPuzzle
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 8 Oct 2014 20:51:32
Message: <5435dc14@news.povray.org>
In another thread Norbert Kern mentioned working through older
contributions of textures for his 300+ materials study and finding
mysterious techniques. I'm with him on being amazed at what others have
worked out over time. His comment reminded me of a particular trick Tek
found 10 years or more back to create lace like patterns from rotations
and warp repeat statements with flipping across axes. I tried again over
the past couple days to make sense of why the trick works at all. Many
experiments and variations and no luck. It is still a mystery to me.

I decided to turn one - not very lace like - result of Tek's trick into
a more complete image before moving on to other things.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'tekwallpuzzle.jpg' (296 KB)