POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Beard and hair : Beard and hair Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:35:17 EDT (-0400)
  Beard and hair
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 6 Oct 2014 04:21:08
Message: <543250f4@news.povray.org>
Hairs are in the air it seems ;-)

Wanting to have a POV-Ray alternative to Poser's dynamic hairs and
especially beards, I concocted something fairly simple, different from
Robert McGregor's SweepSplineHair macro. It works well for short hair
but would be not so good for long hair. Best use is for beards and that
is my aim. This version looks acceptable imo. Using 40k hairs on the
skull and 30k hairs for the beard. Basic hair is one mesh2 strand.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'hairplanting_test.png' (332 KB)

Preview of image 'hairplanting_test.png'
hairplanting_test.png