POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: mermaid (nsfw) : Re: WIP: mermaid (nsfw) Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:29:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: mermaid (nsfw)
From: Tim Cook
Date: 28 Sep 2014 20:47:28
Message: <5428ac20@news.povray.org>
On 2014-09-28 19:03, Stephen wrote:
> That is impressive built in Moray. How is she made?

Started out with a cube, split down the middle and deleted one half,
then made a duplicate mesh for the other side, then split a few times
across face and side planes so'd have edge-loops to work with.  Extruded
top and bottom in stages, lining up major divisions with front and side
views I'd drawn previously.  Didn't add arms and head until had the
general form down.  Think I had cross-sectionals in a few places in an
early stage, too, when I was getting general form laid out.

Head is an overlaid Final Fantasy character's face-mesh since I was
making an absolute mess on my own (added each vertex manually to my
model, since can't merge un-subdivided meshes in Moray).

Arms are still very rudimentary blobbish forms, just fit to the top and
front silhouettes.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.sjcook.com