POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Silentium. A last (?) final : Re: Silentium. A last (?) final Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:27:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Silentium. A last (?) final
From: Stephen
Date: 25 Sep 2014 03:24:26
Message: <5423c32a$1@news.povray.org>
On 25/09/2014 05:39, jhu wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>
>> I've never really used these unofficial versions as I need a modeller.
>> And neither Moray nor Bishop3D supported them. You are making be
>> re-evaluate that. Especially considering the way Blender is being developed.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards
>>       Stephen
>
> It's not too difficult. Just model, export to Povray, and then edit the Povray
> code to your liking.

Yes you can and you can use workarounds in the modellers to export hand
written code so that there is less need to edit in Pov.

I am more interested in animations so I generally do not want the long
render times that these quality features take. And I am lazy, I still
use code that Thomas created for Moray for a lot of my materials as a
starting point. So there has not been any point, for me up to now. But I
find the graininess of these images very attractive.
The other point is that Blender is alive and being developed while Moray
and Bishop3D are not. Also the direction that the official Blender

working on the reed stalks looks comparable to what you would do in
Poser, if you could do it.

--

Regards
     Stephen