POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV has Limits? : POV has Limits? Server Time
21 Jun 2024 02:09:27 EDT (-0400)
  POV has Limits?
From: Leroy
Date: 25 Sep 2014 00:46:20
Message: <54239e1c@news.povray.org>
I was playing around with building a space station the other day.
It had around 300,000 blocks. It render fine and fairly fast. So I
thought it be nice to replace hose blocks with buildings and city
streets. I used Chris Colefax City builder, made a city and replace
every block with it. Of course it crashed. I really didn't pay attention
to the number of objects in the city.
It turned out to over 5 thousand so I know I POV 3.7 has a limit of a
billion objects!