POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Silentium. A last (?) final : Re: Silentium. A last (?) final Server Time
5 Jul 2024 07:03:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Silentium. A last (?) final
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 23 Sep 2014 10:44:59
Message: <5421876b@news.povray.org>
On 23-9-2014 16:20, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Oh gosh, yes, it is a shadow vanishing trick indeed!
>
> I attach the material file of the building. Note that a few elements
> have been subjected to a proximity pattern. I shall test if /those/
> render differently; if so, you will get them too but I think that will
> not be necessary.

Well, I can now say definitively that the culprits are the elements that
have gone through the proximity pattern mill. However, the strange thing
is that the shadow of the window sill on the first floor also vanishes
although no element with a proximity pattern is present there.

So the problem might be slightly different from what you were fearing.

Info:
- I used Edouard Poor's Proximity Pattern macro.
- You may have them one way or another, but I attach Edouard's files, as
I use them, to be sure.
- The arcs, columns, and the fountain are processed.
- I attach de .df3 and .prox files of these elements.

I think you have everything necessary to test. If not, yell.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'arcs.df3.dat' (82 KB) Download 'windows-1252' (1 KB) Download 'columns.df3.dat' (83 KB) Download 'windows-1252' (1 KB) Download 'fountain.df3.dat' (79 KB) Download 'windows-1252' (1 KB) Download 'windows-1252' (15 KB) Download 'windows-1252' (13 KB)