POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Silentium. A last (?) final : Re: Silentium. A last (?) final Server Time
5 Jul 2024 06:59:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Silentium. A last (?) final
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 23 Sep 2014 10:21:03
Message: <542181cf@news.povray.org>
On 23-9-2014 14:00, clipka wrote:
> Am 23.09.2014 13:10, schrieb clipka:
>> Frankly, I don't have the slightest idea. (*)
>
> Well, now I do have some that's far from slight; see this thread:

> If you examine the shadows in your scene closely, it hits you like a
> hammer (well, at least that's how it hit me): The light source hasn't
> budged an inch - it's the shadows of your pillars, arches and ledges
> that have vanished /entirely/!
>
> Oh bugger.
>
> Could you do me a favor and post the respective material definitions?
> Thanks a lot!

Oh gosh, yes, it is a shadow vanishing trick indeed!

I attach the material file of the building. Note that a few elements
have been subjected to a proximity pattern. I shall test if /those/
render differently; if so, you will get them too but I think that will
not be necessary.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cloister_pievedicadore_pov_mat.inc.txt' (33 KB)