POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Silentium. A last (?) final : Re: Silentium. A last (?) final Server Time
5 Jul 2024 07:58:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Silentium. A last (?) final
From: clipka
Date: 23 Sep 2014 08:00:03
Message: <542160c3$1@news.povray.org>
Am 23.09.2014 13:10, schrieb clipka:
> Am 23.09.2014 10:00, schrieb Thomas de Groot:
>
>> Now I have a question for Clipka!
>> *Why* is the light source moved when rendered with UberPOV???? See the
>> small cut-out from a render with POV-Ray 3.7 and compare. Also the
>> fountain is more lighted using UberPOV...
>
> Frankly, I don't have the slightest idea. (*)

Well, now I do have some that's far from slight; see this thread:

If you examine the shadows in your scene closely, it hits you like a
hammer (well, at least that's how it hit me): The light source hasn't
budged an inch - it's the shadows of your pillars, arches and ledges
that have vanished /entirely/!

Oh bugger.

Could you do me a favor and post the respective material definitions?
Thanks a lot!