POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Silentium. A last (?) final : Re: Silentium. A last (?) final Server Time
5 Jul 2024 07:05:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Silentium. A last (?) final
From: clipka
Date: 23 Sep 2014 07:10:40
Message: <54215530@news.povray.org>
Am 23.09.2014 10:00, schrieb Thomas de Groot:

> Now I have a question for Clipka!
> *Why* is the light source moved when rendered with UberPOV???? See the
> small cut-out from a render with POV-Ray 3.7 and compare. Also the
> fountain is more lighted using UberPOV...

Frankly, I don't have the slightest idea. (*)

You mind posting the relevant portions of the scene? (light source, plus
either the architecture or some information about the dimension thereof?)

(* Well, that's not entirely true; my best bet would be that you're
using area lights and that my stochastic area light handling code is
buggy; but that would most likely cause a sideways offset of the light
source. To me the difference in the images looks more like the light
source is closer to the origin - or as if the POV-Ray 3.7 version used a
parallel light source where the UberPOV version used a point light source.)