POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Proof of concept: The wind in the reeds : Re: Proof of concept: The wind in the reeds Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proof of concept: The wind in the reeds
From: andrel
Date: 23 Sep 2014 03:29:28
Message: <54210538.1050106@gmail.com>
On 22-9-2014 17:42, Stephen wrote:
> On 22/09/2014 15:29, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> What I find so fascinating in this image is its play with micro- and
>> macroscopic, where the two worlds indeed are able to merge perfectly. As
>> I see it, the islands with cows are an exact representation of a certain
>> landscape in NL: Waterland, North of Amsterdam, and at the same time the
>> waterways are the microscopic representations of blood vessels. Very
>> smart indeed.
>
> Deeply symbolic with a touch of surrealism. An good to look at too.
>
> +1010

Thanks, a friend of mine was working on the glococalyx. I know the area
around Waterland well, because I am living close by. So when I connected
the two, I just had to make this image.

Possibly one of the last original images I made. After that I did things
with POV but mainly variations on a theme. I suffered from a sever case
of real life. I should have more time now (for reasons that are
off-topic), so hopefully I get some more inspiration. OTOH even without
a job my time seems completely filled.

--
Everytime the IT department forbids something that a researcher deems
necessary for her work there will be another hole in the firewall.