POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Proof of concept: The wind in the reeds : Re: Proof of concept: The wind in the reeds Server Time
19 Jul 2024 00:35:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proof of concept: The wind in the reeds
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 21 Sep 2014 03:21:36
Message: <541e7c80$1@news.povray.org>
On 20-9-2014 19:51, MichaelJF wrote:
> If you have a proper inside vector you can bend mesh2 objects with the approach
> by Chris Colefax. In this case, mesh2 objects can be handled like other CSG
> objects (spheres, boxes and so on). I have done this with my snails
> (http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/imagenewdisplay/stills/index345.html) which consists of
> a mesh2 object and a blob with thousands of components. In fact I did not
> understood Chris's parameters and wrote an own approach, but very similiar to
> Chris, since I judged it easier to implement it by myself than to understand his
> parametrisations.

Not sure, but I think that /bending/ an object will be much slower to
render, especially if there are 15000 of them ;-)

> @Thomas: The Mud Maid at the "Lost Gardens of Heligan" (I spend my holydays this
> year very close to this garden) is a sculpture consisting of mud, clay, cement,
> gras, ivy and moss and she is laying at the left side of her body to the ground,
> so no much grass at the left side if standing;-)

Ah yes, the Lost Gardens! I unfortunately missed those when I stayed in
Penzance many years ago. Only much later I heard about them. I hope
/your/ Mud Maid will make it here or perhaps at the TC-RTC.

Thomas