POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Proof of concept: The wind in the reeds : Re: Proof of concept: The wind in the reeds Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:00:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proof of concept: The wind in the reeds
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 18 Sep 2014 03:25:57
Message: <541a8905@news.povray.org>
On 17-9-2014 22:34, MichaelJF wrote:
> Looks very much better in my eyes. In fact I'm working on a somewhat similiar
> issue at the moment. That is why I came up with suggestions to control the
> bending and length of the straws depending on the position (and the normal
> provided by the trace()-command). I'm trying to give a certain model a special
> hair-style. (Stephen will recognize the source of my inspiration most likely.) I
> admit, there is room to improvement...

Ah yes, I can see the similarities indeed. Interesting hair model!

There is great potential in using the normal. In my case length control
does not make really sense, derived from the normal - except if I were
using /another/ image_map for controlling reed height in determined
areas; evalpig would be my friend in that case.

Thomas