POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface pumpkin : Re: Isosurface pumpkin Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface pumpkin
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 17 Sep 2014 19:42:42
Message: <541a1c72$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/16/2014 06:17 PM, Anthony D. Baye wrote:

> way better than my ISO pumpkin... code please?
>
> Regards,
> A.D.B.

Anthony, I've posted the code to p.b.scene-files.

Sean, As an isosurface the pumpkin can be made lumpy with the right
deformation though suppose to keep it from affecting the stem too much
it might need to be applied before the stem is added. Further, given the
displacement map approach, it is also possible to edit/change that map
and get some further variations in the surface but the depth of those
will be limited to the scale of the displacement.

All, The isosurfaces in the zip are set up with all intersections on so
it should be you can pick your pumpkin without change and hack away at
it with CSG to carve a pumpkin. Probably the Meat texture needs some
work so as to glow a bit - double illuminate. Not yet gotten to carving
my own pumpkin!

Bill P.