POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sea and garbage : Re: Sea and garbage Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:29:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sea and garbage
From: FractRacer
Date: 8 Sep 2014 10:33:49
Message: <540dbe4d@news.povray.org>

> What I see is clean water and harmless nontoxic buoys.
> I'm guessing that some tenuous connection is trying to be drawn between
> containers that people actually drink out of and dead fish.
> What killed the fish ???
> I think that should be an essential and credible element of your composition.
> [usually it's shock, poison - natural or otherwise, oxygen depletion, bigger
> fish, or old age]
>
> I think you're trying to convey a sense of localized pollution, and an element
> of putrefication.
>
> The clear pupil on the fish is incongruous with it being dead.  Make it milky.
> Can you open up a rough red isosurface hole in the top side of a fish?  (I like
> your fish)

Dont' eat them!

> Really dirty water with that kind of turbulence usually has that yellow-brown
> foam clinging to things.  There's also some of that thin-film refractive
> iridescence from the foam and/or oils.
> I'd go for a smooth clear bottle and give it that muddied algae look.  IMHO the
> contrast between the clear glass and the muddy algal sludge on it makes it look
> - dirtier.

This image is a first WIP, I actually wait the new rendering, with brown
water, more trashes... My PC run since this morning and I post the new
image as sson it is over.
But I agree with some of your points, I have forget iridesence, the fish
are not really textured...

> The plastic bottle is really interesting looking - is that some sort of very
> large mesh?

The plastic bottle is a lathe from Gilles Tran, the distorted aspect is
due to a large crackle normal.

> Add some sort of scuffing/scratching texture to it to take off the gloss.

Scuffing/scratching the texture is the last step.

> Keep hammering at it - I know how long it can take.  ;)

  Time is all we have.

Lionel
--
Do not judge my words, judge my actions.

---