POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Why doesn't this work? : Re: Why doesn't this work? Server Time
1 May 2024 11:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why doesn't this work?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Sep 2014 10:31:51
Message: <540dbdd7$1@news.povray.org>
I think that the main problem resides in the definition of the sphere.
Try this:

sphere {<0, 0, 0>, 100 hollow
   pigment {color rgbf <1, 1, 1, 1>}
   finish { ambient 0 diffuse 0 }
   interior {
    media {
     emission color rgb<1.0,0.75,0.1>*1.75
     intervals 1
     samples 100
     //confidence 0.9999
     //variance 1/100
     density {spherical
      ramp_wave
      turbulence 0.15
      color_map {
       [0.0 color rgb <0.0,0.0,0.0>]
       [0.6 color rgb <0.8,0.3,0.0>]
       [0.9 color rgb <1.0,0.8,0.3>]
       [1.0 color rgb <1.0,1.0,0.1>]
       }  //  end color_map
      scale <1,3.5,1>*10
      }  //  end of density
     }  //  end of media
   }  // end interior
   translate <0,270,0>
   }  //  end sphere

This initialises the sphere at the origin and only translates it to its
final position when everything is in place. Also increase the radius to
make the sphere visible at all. Somehow the scale of the density needs
to be scaled up too.

However, I am not too sure how the flame should look like in the end.
Something you can do also is change the turbulence value to <0.15, 1.0,
0.15>.

With all these settings I get the image I upload to p.b.i.

Thomas