POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Silentium - final : Re: Silentium - final Server Time
6 Oct 2024 11:16:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Silentium - final
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 7 Sep 2014 10:13:13
Message: <540c67f9$1@news.povray.org>
On 7-9-2014 15:30, Stephen wrote:
> On 07/09/2014 13:25, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> On 7-9-2014 13:32, James Holsenback wrote:
>>>
>>> Kilroy was here?
>>>

>> I don't remember seeing this in combination with Kilroy...
>>

> The "over here, over paid and over sexed" brigade brought it with them
> in WWII. It was popular in Britain up to the sixties (IIRC). Kilroy is
> generally peering over a wall.

Ha! I have (re?)learned something! Different possibilities: (1) Somehow,
I never made the connection and/or I have never been really exposed to
the correct graphic expressions; (2) the connection was lost at the time
we re-used the graphics; (3) I have simply forgotten today the details
of our use back then in the sixties. Fascinating.

Thomas