POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Modify already created object : Re: Modify already created object Server Time
6 Oct 2024 10:02:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modify already created object
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 31 Aug 2014 09:07:34
Message: <54031e16$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/29/2014 06:59 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 29.08.2014 22:48, schrieb bublible:
>
> Those patterns are not starting from a corner - they're starting from
> the coordinate origin (i.e. <0,0,0>). If you want it to start at e.g.
> <X,Y,Z>, apply translate the texture using "translate <X,Y,Z>".
>
> Maybe you should read the tutorial in the docs.

I'll add the scenes sub directory shipped with POV-Ray contains a large
number of working examples.

In particular for the kinds of questions being asked in this thread,
there is a portfolio sub directory. The *.ini files must be run for the
POV-Ray features of interest. For example, "povray allpatterns.ini"
creates pngs for most-all of the in-built POV-Ray patterns.

After creation of the pngs, you can view an example of each feature by
bringing up index.html in a web browser. For example, "firefox
index.html". The *.pov files used for the portfolio provide ready
corresponding example code for the features a basis for further
experimentation and learning.

Running all the *.ini files takes a little time and it creates about
20MB of data in total using the set up as shipped. I use the portfolio
less these days, but on starting with POV-Ray, I found it very useful.

Bill P.