POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Feature request - round : Re: Feature request - round Server Time
28 Jun 2024 02:26:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature request - round
From: Mike Williams
Date: 30 Nov 2004 01:12:10
Message: <53udySAr8ArBFwj4@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Thomas A. Fine who wrote:
>Hi,
>
>After working for a bit with CSG objects, there's one feature that I
>want again and again, which would be massively, dramatically useful.
>
>If I could round the edges on objects automatically, without patching
>together lots of cylinders and spheres and toruses, life would be VASTLY
>simpler.

The problem is that such a facility is incredibly difficult to code in
such a way that it will work with all possible objects that can be
involved in a CSG.

One thing that you might consider instead is to replace your primitive
objects with isosurfaces (perhaps using IsoCSG where necessary) and then
combine them by multiplying the surfaces and subtracting a small
constant.
See <http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/combine.htm#blob>

--
Mike Williams