POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : uberPOV stochastic noise : Re: uberPOV stochastic noise Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:46:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: uberPOV stochastic noise
From: clipka
Date: 28 Aug 2014 12:25:04
Message: <53ff57e0$1@news.povray.org>
Am 28.08.2014 11:13, schrieb scott:
> Here is the difference between two renders of the scene a few minutes
> apart. It seems some blocks always get given the exact same seed for the
> RNG.

Did you use the Windows version? If so, did you start the renders from
the same instance of the GUI?

I suspect that I'm only computing the base seed when POV-Ray is started,
erroneously using it over and over again during the entire session.

The difference between many of the blocks would then be solely due to
different assignment of render blocks to threads (because of different
thread scheduling), and using "+WT1" you should indeed see no
differences at all.