POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Field of view and aspect ratio : Re: Field of view and aspect ratio Server Time
29 Apr 2024 18:55:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Field of view and aspect ratio
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Aug 2014 10:19:44
Message: <53ff3a80@news.povray.org>
Do you know Edouard Poor's 35mm camera macro set? Not sure if it would
solve your problem but it might help. There also is a nice little macro
by DrJohn which can correct the 'falling building syndrome'; a bit
beside the point but still valuable.

 From my personal experience, I often use a camera angle of 80 when
rendering landscapes, for instance in my Gancaloon scenes. In
combination with:

right x*image_width/image_height

I feel I get the wide view I expect. Generally I just use the standard
camera, not the wide_angle or such.

Something that might help too is playing with the camera look_at
distance in relation to its location.

Zooming in or out of a scene can be achieved by defining a zoom factor
Zoom, and multiply that with: direction z*Zoom

For more intimate scenes I prefer a camera angle of 50 or even 35.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Thomas