POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : UberPOV v1.37.0.0-beta.6 released : Re: UberPOV v1.37.0.0-beta.6 released Server Time
27 Apr 2024 06:35:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UberPOV v1.37.0.0-beta.6 released
From: scott
Date: 28 Aug 2014 05:12:34
Message: <53fef282$1@news.povray.org>
> By default UberPOV will seed each thread's stochastic RNG with the
> current time plus thread number,

Hmmm, something strange is going on, when I look at the difference
between the exact same scene rendered a few minutes apart there are
about 10% of blocks that are totally identical, the rest are random
noise. See image I just posted to p.b.i.

> That aside, you can always specify a custom seed (or, more precisely,
> seed base, as UberPOV will still add the thread number to it) using the
> "+SSn" or "Stochastic_Seed=n" option.

It doesn't recognise the +SS option here (beta 7 release).