POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Silentium Wip : Re: Silentium Wip Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:31:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Silentium Wip
From: Stephen
Date: 25 Aug 2014 18:39:11
Message: <53fbbb0f$1@news.povray.org>
On 25/08/2014 22:07, clipka wrote:
> Am 25.08.2014 20:18, schrieb Stephen:

> Not at all. Except - I didn't read your post early enough ;-)
>
>> I'm at Rakapila [Stone Enterprise] ATM in a Cobra.
>
> Rakapila? OMG - you should have told me earlier. I found myself stranded
> there couple of hours ago in my petty Sidewinder, and decided to restart
> from scratch; for some reasons, it seems an all-empty Sidewinder can
> just about make it /in/ to Rakapila but not /back/ - and there's not
> much profit to be made there to upgrade to a ship with more jump range.

This is true. I had to drop some cheep cargo to get to Bolg & Ross 1015
I'll head back towards the centre. And we can meet up there,

> I'm currently making cargo runs between Ovid and... uh, dunno, that
> neighboring system beginning with O... hauling fish and crop harvesters.

There is a good run between Aulin and I Bootis.

With, Terrain Enrichment Systems and Fish.
Round trip profit with 4 Tons is 2800 + 600

And with a 100t hauler it is 83000.

>> I will point out that I am having problems with frame rate and the
>> screen freezing since the Island Test and keep dropping out.
>
> Sounds awful. I'm experiencing glitches now and again, but overall
> gameplay is fine.

It was fine for me until last week. It is a bit better tonight.

>>> What's "old school" about /not/ using a joystick when it comes to Elite?
>>> ?-)
>>>

>> I've not played any games since Doom3 so never had any need for a
>> joystick. Until now.
>
> You don't play /any/ PC games with joysticks...

Probably why I didn't have one.
I do remember playing M$ Flight Simulator with the keyboard. That must
have been able to use a joystick. Back in the BBS days.

>> But to read some of the posters in the forum it is like hand coding SDL.
>> The only TRUE path. ;-)
>
> .... except for (air and space) flight simulations, which you
> absolutely, positively /never/ play without.

Well I did but I'm talking twenty odd years ago.
And I knew at the time I wanted a joystick.

--

Regards
     Stephen