POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Silentium Wip : Re: Silentium Wip Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:29:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Silentium Wip
From: clipka
Date: 25 Aug 2014 17:08:10
Message: <53fba5ba$1@news.povray.org>
Am 25.08.2014 20:18, schrieb Stephen:
> On 25/08/2014 18:27, clipka wrote:
>>>
>>> I've been lost there for the past couple of weeks.
>>
>> How about meeting up in there some time? Cmdr. Apec Valorian would be
>> glad to accompany you for whatever it is you're currently doing.
>>

> I'm Justin Joying Myself and I'm just looking around.
>
> Is 21:30 your time too late?

Not at all. Except - I didn't read your post early enough ;-)

> I'm at Rakapila [Stone Enterprise] ATM in a Cobra.

Rakapila? OMG - you should have told me earlier. I found myself stranded
there couple of hours ago in my petty Sidewinder, and decided to restart
from scratch; for some reasons, it seems an all-empty Sidewinder can
just about make it /in/ to Rakapila but not /back/ - and there's not
much profit to be made there to upgrade to a ship with more jump range.

I'm currently making cargo runs between Ovid and... uh, dunno, that
neighboring system beginning with O... hauling fish and crop harvesters.

> I will point out that I am having problems with frame rate and the
> screen freezing since the Island Test and keep dropping out.

Sounds awful. I'm experiencing glitches now and again, but overall
gameplay is fine.

>>> You would have to be prized out for your meals. ;-)
>>>
>>> I left the old school behind and bought a joystick.
>>
>> What's "old school" about /not/ using a joystick when it comes to Elite?
>> ?-)
>>

> I've not played any games since Doom3 so never had any need for a
> joystick. Until now.

You don't play /any/ PC games with joysticks...

> But to read some of the posters in the forum it is like hand coding SDL.
> The only TRUE path. ;-)

... except for (air and space) flight simulations, which you absolutely,
positively /never/ play without.