POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : FYI. tiling pattern maps require 7 significant digits. : Re: FYI. tiling pattern maps require 7 significant digits. Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:27:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FYI. tiling pattern maps require 7 significant digits.
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 23 Aug 2014 16:47:07
Message: <53f8fdcb$1@news.povray.org>
On 23/08/2014 21:09, William F Pokorny wrote:

> Even getting the color tiles I expect, I still don't understand
> everything about this tiling pattern. I didn't expect the pattern to
> plateau (or perhaps it peaks and recedes) inside the tiles? Rather I
> thought there would be a continued gradient to the center making
> impossible the sensitivity to mathematical noise in the map we see.

the smallest tile (such as in 23) provide the limit for the size of the
calk of all tiles. The inner part, deeper, of other tiles are getting
uniform entry. At best, the smallest one becomes 100% calk, but a part
of the other ones remains (unless they have the same depth).

The calk is parallel to the side of the tile, and it appeared on the
part of the map (so you can have a banded calk around a tile).

--
IQ of crossposters with FU: 100 / (number of groups)
IQ of crossposters without FU: 100 / (1 + number of groups)