POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : FYI. tiling pattern maps require 7 significant digits. : FYI. tiling pattern maps require 7 significant digits. Server Time
8 Jul 2024 13:16:28 EDT (-0400)
  FYI. tiling pattern maps require 7 significant digits.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 23 Aug 2014 12:51:36
Message: <53f8c698$1@news.povray.org>
I've made a couple previous runs at using the relatively new tiling
patterns finding some things working and others not. Today finally
figured out the tiling pattern requires 7 significant digits in the map
file used with the pattern when into values like 0.316666...

The scenes/textures/patterns/tiling.pov example writes only 4
significant digits & I was using that code to create my maps.

I'd suggest updating the tiling example to write 7 significant digits  &
perhaps a note about this should made in the documentation too. Tiling
23,3 is an example with the issue should folks want to verify.

Not really sure why more accuracy is required. It only affects parts of
some tiles within any given tiling pattern with the issue.

Bill P.