POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Driving Physics Playground : Re: Driving et Physics Playground Server Time
28 Apr 2024 18:58:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Driving et Physics Playground
From: Stephen
Date: 17 Aug 2014 18:53:36
Message: <53f13270@news.povray.org>
On 17/08/2014 22:44, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
> El 17/08/14 a las #4, Stephen escribió:
>> Can you change the simulation rate (steps per frame) in Bullet Physics
>> Playground?
>> Does changing that make a difference or changing the collision
>> difference?
>
>    Yes, I can, and maybe it's the way to give more stability to the
> suspension constrains... should try a.s.a.p.

Sometimes less is more. :-)

>>>    Yes, that is totally feasible, as I can export such data from the
>>> simulation.
>>>

>> What resolution would you want?
>> How many degrees of revolution and the spacing between them?
>
>    Well, given that I'm steering with the keyboard, the car steering is
> all-or-nothing, with "all" being 45º. So, maybe 3 steps of 15º will be
> enough, but I still have to see how I do that...

Sorry? You are steering in real time?

I downloaded Bullet Physics a while ago but it is on Thomas's to do
list, :-)

I am impressed.

>> I should have mentioned that you would need to do that.
>> The way I normally import meshes into Poser. I loose the positional
>> information. I should have kept that and translated the figure to the
>> seat. It should be better next time.
>
>    Ah... I assumed it was in place respect to the original "inner" mesh.
> Will place it myself with Wings3d and export it back.

I hope that there will be no need. I started another session leaving the
seat in place and I hope that will fix that problem.

>> To add to the resolution question.
>> Would you want the driver to lean and look into a turn?
>
>    Well, that would be awesome, no doubt... :)

Okay on my todo list after we get the wheel turning sorted.

>> Last thing.
>> The steering wheel would need to be attached to the driver's hands.
>
>    Yes, maybe it's the best solution.

I separated the steering wheel from the rest of the car's interior, in
Blender, and uploaded it to p.b.misc

Just to check you can merge the wheel into your model and to see where
the cut is.
Do you prefer 3DS format?
I will try to get a rotation of the wheel in the Y axis (local), to turn
the hands.

It might be less messy on this thread if we communicate directly. My
address should be visible.

--

Regards
     Stephen