POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Driving Physics Playground : Re: Driving et Physics Playground Server Time
28 Apr 2024 20:25:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Driving et Physics Playground
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 17 Aug 2014 17:44:41
Message: <53f12249$1@news.povray.org>
El 17/08/14 a las #4, Stephen escribió:
> Can you change the simulation rate (steps per frame) in Bullet Physics
> Playground?
> Does changing that make a difference or changing the collision difference?

   Yes, I can, and maybe it's the way to give more stability to the
suspension constrains... should try a.s.a.p.

>>    Yes, that is totally feasible, as I can export such data from the
>> simulation.
>>

> What resolution would you want?
> How many degrees of revolution and the spacing between them?

   Well, given that I'm steering with the keyboard, the car steering is
all-or-nothing, with "all" being 45º. So, maybe 3 steps of 15º will be
enough, but I still have to see how I do that...

> I should have mentioned that you would need to do that.
> The way I normally import meshes into Poser. I loose the positional
> information. I should have kept that and translated the figure to the
> seat. It should be better next time.

   Ah... I assumed it was in place respect to the original "inner" mesh.
Will place it myself with Wings3d and export it back.

> To add to the resolution question.
> Would you want the driver to lean and look into a turn?

   Well, that would be awesome, no doubt... :)

> Last thing.
> The steering wheel would need to be attached to the driver's hands.

   Yes, maybe it's the best solution.

   Regards,

--
jaime