POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Driving Physics Playground : Re: Driving et Physics Playground Server Time
13 May 2024 20:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Driving et Physics Playground
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 17 Aug 2014 04:37:05
Message: <53f069b1$1@news.povray.org>
El 16/08/14 a las #4, Stephen escribió:
> The car's wheels wobble a bit as well.

   Yes, I still have to investigate why this happens, as the wheels
constraints on the simulation shouldn't allow this movement. It happens
much less if I reduce friction, but then it looses too much traction.

> I paid attention to them as I was thinking that if I gave you a series
> of meshes with the driver turning the steering wheel from -90° ~ 0° ~
> +90°. You could select a mesh depending on the angle of the car's front
> wheels.

   Yes, that is totally feasible, as I can export such data from the
simulation.

> I am taking a couple of months off work so I have the time and I've not
> used Poser in a while. So I need to keep up my skills.
> No pressure.

   Unfortunately, I've had only a week of vacations this month, but
should be able to work on it on the weekends.

> He is glued to the seat in fact  he intersects with the seat.

   Yes, I had to place it manually, when it should have fit perfectly
given that you placed it over the actual seat used on the animation...
I will look at it again to understand why this happens.

> Not a public road so no problem.

   Ah... yes, no problem then.

> But a model with one one hand on the gear stick would not be a problem.

   Don't worry... the acceleration is constant and fixed, and I'm not
going to implement a gear box on the simulation. :)

--
jaime