POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Peeling paint isosurface. : Re: Peeling paint isosurface. Server Time
5 Jul 2024 06:58:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Peeling paint isosurface.
From: Alain
Date: 16 Aug 2014 14:06:20
Message: <53ef9d9c$1@news.povray.org>

> Holy cow - that's an amazing effect!
> (I like the graffiti)
>
> You clearly have a deep understanding and excellent ability to utilize
> isosurfaces in a way I haven't even begun to understand.
>
> I have some questions -
>
> Can you increase the "height" of the peel?
> Does this method allow for isolated flakes to appear?
> Is it possible to define the parameters used to make this sort of thing
> infinitely tilable?
> And lastly, do you have any examples or tutorials you can point to, for your
> viewers to play along at home?   :)
>
> Thanks!  Great work, and an impressive result.

If the isosurface function looks like z-InagePattern(x,y,0)*1, changing
the *1 to *2 will double the hight.

The pattern is controled by two images. If those images are tileable,
then, the resulting isosurface can tile.

The same will apply to create isolated flakes: If the source image
contains isolated areas, those will show as isolated flakes.

Alain