POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Driving Physics Playground : Re: Driving et Physics Playground Server Time
12 May 2024 07:42:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Driving et Physics Playground
From: Stephen
Date: 16 Aug 2014 07:12:27
Message: <53ef3c9b$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/08/2014 10:25, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
>    Here is a first animation using it (sorry for the left-hand driving,
> but I had to reverse the model so the plates and rear windshield banner
> were right... :)
>
> http://youtu.be/vgQ-qMCdvhI
>
>    I've changed his blue shirt for a plaid shirt: as the car was already
> blue I wanted something different.

That looks good.

>    Curiously, even if it is a static figure, my brain almost sees him
> steering at some points.

Marvellous, is it not?

>    Now, I noticed a few more problems:

The car's wheels wobble a bit as well.
I paid attention to them as I was thinking that if I gave you a series
of meshes with the driver turning the steering wheel from -90° ~ 0° ~
+90°. You could select a mesh depending on the angle of the car's front
wheels.
I am taking a couple of months off work so I have the time and I've not
used Poser in a while. So I need to keep up my skills.
No pressure.

>    + he seems to be glued to the seat, as car movement doesn't affects
> him (I placed the model into the animation, not into the simulation).

He is glued to the seat in fact  he intersects with the seat.

>    + OMG, he is riding without belt!

Not a public road so no problem.
Besides he is glued to the seat. :-)

>    + Wait... that Micra had automatic shift?

Now you are asking. :-)

But a model with one one hand on the gear stick would not be a problem.

--

Regards
     Stephen