POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Peeling paint isosurface. : Peeling paint isosurface. Server Time
5 Jul 2024 07:23:28 EDT (-0400)
  Peeling paint isosurface.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 15 Aug 2014 21:17:27
Message: <53eeb127@news.povray.org>
After a false start a month or more back, I recently resumed trying to
use Thomas's peeling paint macro texture as the basis for an isosurface.

The attached image is a single isosurface where his macro was used to
create two complementary black and white images each blurred/played with
in Gimp. The blurred true image is used for where there is paint and the
false blurred for displacement. There is a third povray image which
serves as the wall behind the paint

It is a single isosurface because I had the idea to do another color of
paint on the underside of the peel, but in the end didn't get that far.
  Guess I'd say the isosurface technique sort of works though a bit hard
to control. Expect other approaches to “real” peeling would be tricky
too. About 15 minutes for a 1 light render at 1920x1200.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'peelingpaintwall.jpg' (493 KB)

Preview of image 'peelingpaintwall.jpg'
peelingpaintwall.jpg