POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Urbex - wip 12 : Re: Urbex - wip 12 Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:04:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Urbex - wip 12
From: clipka
Date: 15 Aug 2014 13:55:16
Message: <53ee4984@news.povray.org>
Am 14.08.2014 09:25, schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> On 14-8-2014 0:07, Stephen wrote:
>> To me that is much better, I can see the cat now. ;-)
>> IMO these images with deep shadows and bright sunlight need a compromise
>> as our eyes adjust in RL. But cannot do that on an image.
>> Don't you think that there should be some dust in the air?
>>

> Yes, and the compromising is delicate as the notion of 'acceptable'
> tends to vary from person to person in this case. In the present case a
> bit lighter or darker would also be possible. ;-)

Not only does the notion of "acceptable" vary from person to person, but
-- I guess even more importantly -- it also varies from display to
display. Experience in these newsgroups has shown over and over again
that people complaining about images being too dark tend to change their
mind once they have been coaxed to calibrate their display properly.