POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I search a nixie tube to create visitor counter : Re: I search a nixie tube to create visitor counter Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:05:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I search a nixie tube to create visitor counter
From: Stephen
Date: 13 Aug 2014 15:18:56
Message: <53ebba20$1@news.povray.org>
On 13/08/2014 19:03, MichaelJF wrote:

> Most likely one has to convert it into a pov-macro which illuminates the desired
> number with a media. I cannot estimate the effort needed for that, but I assume
> it is not trivial.

The model I have is a Mesh so macros would be difficult. If Andrew wants
to use it, I would need to separate the "unlit numbers to allow this. I
don't think that this would be a big problem.
Robert's code would certainly be smaller. If need be I could always
contact him through TC-RTC as the "Contact the Artist" functionality
does not work.

> For some reason I'm occupied with modelling the Mevagissey lighthouse at the
> Moment ...

How nice, I look forward to seeing it. Why pick that one to model?

--

Regards
     Stephen