POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : benchmarks o'interest : Re: benchmarks o'interest Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:15:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: benchmarks o'interest
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 6 Aug 2014 05:20:14
Message: <53e1f34e$1@news.povray.org>
Le 06/08/2014 10:45, clipka a écrit :
> Must be a high-core-count thing; on my 4-core i7, running Windows 7, I
> see this for a random scene:

From my point of view, it's a "use less than 50% of resources" thing.
The graph goes up to 40 threads, but the guy has 80 possible cores ( 40
true (4 x 10), x 2 by HT).

The curves past 40 threads are only extension of points below 40. there
is not even a data point at 50, 60 or 70, when Xeon are used. All 40+
points are with Opteron (and there is no HT in Opteron... it's
different, Intel HT and AMD module are not the same)

Opteron cores' count is 48 (4 x cpu, 2 dies of 3 piledriver module each,
each module providing 2 execution thread (core), 24 modules.

--
Just because nobody complains does not mean all parachutes are perfect.