POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 2048 game rendered with POVRay : Re: 2048 game rendered with POVRay Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:03:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2048 game rendered with POVRay
From: scott
Date: 31 Jul 2014 09:00:45
Message: <53da3dfd$1@news.povray.org>
>  >> Looks very good - nice work!
>  >> I'd be interested to see how it was written, and what the AI logic is.
>  >> How does the game determine what direction to slide the tiles?
>  >> Generating the
>  >> highest value tile, or combining the most tiles? (I'm leaning toward
>  >> the latter)
>  >
>  > Yes I wondered that too, it looks like the answer lies in the "move"
>  > function of "game_manager.js", but I don't have time to try and
>  > understand it right now.
>  >

> I don't believe the open source implementation above includes a solver.

Oh I misread Bald Eagle's comment - I thought he meant how does the game
itself decide how to combine tile sequences like "2228" when you slide,
do you end up with "_428" or "_248"? What if you swipe left instead?

> My algorithm is based on the one here:
>
> http://2048strategy.com/2048-strategy/

I think I would like to have a go at writing a solver based on my
personal strategy for playing first, before being corrupted by superior
methods that I would have never have though of ;-)