POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 2048 game rendered with POVRay : Re: 2048 game rendered with POVRay Server Time
8 Jul 2024 06:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2048 game rendered with POVRay
From: scott
Date: 30 Jul 2014 03:34:57
Message: <53d8a021@news.povray.org>
> This picture is from a 2048 game I wrote in VisualWorks Smalltalk using
> POVRay to render the board and all the tiles.  POVRay rendered PNG files
> of the board and all tiles from 2 to 8196

What happens when you merge two 8192 tiles then? ;-)

> The auto-play feature achieves the 2048 tile in about 50% of the games
> it plays and occasionally (once or twice every ten runs) achieves 4096.
>   I've never seen it get an 8192 tile.
>
> I wrote this game as my entry in the Cincom Smalltalk 2048 contest but I
> plan to make a series of videos about how I wrote the game and rendered it.

I never considered writing an AI player for 2048, but it sounds fun.

What is the rule/algorithm for adding the new tile after each move? Is
it just placed in a random empty cell? On my version (Android) most
times I got a 2 but sometimes it gave me a 4.