POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : UberPOV stand-alone installer released : Re: UberPOV stand-alone installer released Server Time
25 Apr 2024 23:03:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UberPOV stand-alone installer released
From: clipka
Date: 26 Jul 2014 13:47:08
Message: <53d3e99c$1@news.povray.org>
Am 26.07.2014 14:33, schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> the .stalone version works flawlessly (see image in p.b.i.). Only thing
> I have not been able to do is install the editor. Do I have to run the
> installer inside the UberPOV folder maybe?

No; if you have an existing POV-Ray installation, it turns out you'll
have to copy the files manually.

It also turns out that the editor - being a genuine POV-Ray component -
still uses POV-Ray's part of the registry; I guess I'll have to roll my
own version of that as well, but I'm somewhat wary of the legal side of it.