POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Brilliant Spheres : Re: Brilliant Spheres Server Time
8 Jul 2024 05:44:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brilliant Spheres
From: clipka
Date: 26 Jul 2014 13:39:41
Message: <53d3e7dd$1@news.povray.org>
Am 26.07.2014 14:19, schrieb And:

>> This can be fixed however -- and voila: It does provide for pretty neat
>> effects.
>
> I heard that there is an oren-nayar model. Is it something like that? If so, it
> is very good because difference of diffuse model can creat many variety of
> texture. The current pov-ray feature which can do this is not rich. Only
> normal{...} on a texture can work with radiosity.

No... not really. Oren-Nayar started with a physical model of how the
observed effect might be explained, and then derived an exact
mathematical formula from this model.

What I did was start with an existing mathematical formula (which
presumably is just a more-or-less random tweak of the lambertian model),
interpret it as a modulation of the light intensity based on the
incoming light angle, and apply that very same modulation based on the
outgoing light angle as well.

> Brilliance for radiosity is good.

That's why I put it in ;-)