POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Perfect Polish : Re: Perfect Polish Server Time
8 Jul 2024 06:13:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Perfect Polish
From: clipka
Date: 23 Jul 2014 14:44:23
Message: <53d00287$1@news.povray.org>
Am 23.07.2014 13:04, schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> On 23-7-2014 10:27, clipka wrote:
>> Am 23.07.2014 09:37, schrieb Thomas de Groot:
>>> Better & better!
>>
>> Thanks; I'm quite happy with the last two days' work myself, too.
>>
>> As this wraps up my efforts to improve the realism of the finish
>> properties, Unix jockeys can now get their share of it on
>> https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/tree/master. (Yes, that's right - I
>> consider this essential enough to push it directly into POV-Ray proper.)
>>

> ....and the poor Win users?

They are poor old sods, yes :-P

Give me a bit of time to prepare something release-ish; I've just gotten
round to merging this fancy stuff into UberPOV ;-)

As a matter of fact I'm inclined to not do a semi-official Windows build
of POV-Ray for these features, and refer Windows users to the next
UberPOV beta instead, which I'm about to prepare any moment now.