POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Soccer Saturn : Re: Soccer Saturn Server Time
6 Oct 2024 04:54:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Soccer Saturn
From: Stephen
Date: 20 Jul 2014 05:56:41
Message: <53cb9259$1@news.povray.org>
On 19/07/2014 22:49, clipka wrote:
> Am 19.07.2014 22:48, schrieb Stephen:
>
>> Reminds me of the classic headline of the P&J (Aberdeen's Press and
>> Journal) when the Titanic went down.
>>
>> - North East man, lost at sea.
>
> As a German I can't seem to get the point/pun/whatever.

It is a byword for provincial thinking. Of which we have our fair share.

> Besides: http://www.scottishreview.net/ChrisHolme222.shtml

Damn! There goes the tourist trade. ;-)

It is one of those myths and falsehoods that we like to keep going.
I have a list...
Since you found me out. I'll tell you a true story about the P&J.

Before the coming of the Oil. Aberdeen was a provincial city. Fishing,

visiting one day and was shown a proof print of an agricultural show

ordered the offending photo to be made more modest.
(They lost the court case when they were sued by the farmer whose stud
bull was shownto be not complete.)
--

Regards
     Stephen