POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Format to Convert : Re: Format to Convert Server Time
5 May 2024 00:26:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Format to Convert
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 13 Jul 2014 03:18:28
Message: <53c232c4$1@news.povray.org>
On 13-7-2014 4:34, GrimDude wrote:
> You might want to look into Silo, which is a 3D modeling, retopology, yada yada
> program that I just heard about. It sells for just over $100, supports input of
> ..dxf, .obj, .3ds, and outputs .pov format. I have not tried it, and I do not
> know how far behind on version they are, whether they support mesh or true Pov,
> but there it is.

Silo has just come out with version 2.3 ( http://nevercenter.com/silo/ )
which is a maintenance version. It truly is an excellent program for
those who want fast and easy modelling without strain to the brain :-)
Additional supported formats from those mentioned above are .fac, .rib,
.stl.

While supporting .pov output, I never use that as I prefer exporting as
.obj and convert to mesh2 in Poseray.

Thomas