POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : This makes no sense : Re: This makes no sense Server Time
7 Oct 2024 04:51:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This makes no sense
From: clipka
Date: 4 Jul 2014 17:18:12
Message: <53b71a14$1@news.povray.org>
Am 04.07.2014 21:58, schrieb Anthony D. Baye:
> "jhu" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> I've given this more thought. The most likely explanation is that the Mac is
>> rendering the benchmark scene at a lower resolution than it should be. The
>> default resolution for Povray 3.7 benchmark is 512x512. For Povray 3.6 it was
>> 384x384. So go check benchmark.ini and see what the height and width are set to.
>
> I'm not using 3.6 on either machine; the install is a fresh build from the git
> repository.

Which branch? The newest master, or the stable?

Jerome and I have spent the last days wrestling with Linux build
problems in the current master; and although the most up-to-date version
seems to build now with icpc, g++ and clang, the g++ build is
dysfunctional and doesn't render the benchmark scene properly (and also
too fast).