POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : HDR compositing? : Re: HDR compositing? Server Time
16 May 2024 11:57:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDR compositing?
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 1 Jul 2014 16:37:47
Message: <53b31c1b$1@news.povray.org>
On 25.05.2014 14:00, Thomas de Groot wrote:

> Does anyone know how to do HDR compositing in POV-Ray, or something
> giving similar results? I do not mean a hdr output, but something more
> sophisticated than simple averaging of images.

A bit late reply but I think you can do the following:

- Treat the different exposures as functions (split into R + G + B)
- Combine these into new functions using "select": use value
   from longer exposure by default, pull values from shorter exposure
   where longer exposure is above some threshold (e.g. 0.9). When using
   value of shorter exposure divide by appropriate factor (depending
   on difference in stops)
- Render combined function pigment with HDR output