POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : master branch issue 29 linux compilation errors : Re: master branch issue 29 linux compilation errors Server Time
28 Apr 2024 21:59:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: master branch issue 29 linux compilation errors
From: clipka
Date: 30 Jun 2014 19:44:06
Message: <53b1f646$1@news.povray.org>
Am 30.06.2014 23:33, schrieb clipka:

>> * base/colour.h , still the max() vs fabs() as double and float.
>
> Now this starts getting me puzzled. Can you double-check whether we
> still have any reference to math.h in our code?

I /think/ I can solve this riddle now:

While the C++03 standard is very ambiguous (at least to me) about
whether the functions provided by <cmath> should live in the global or
std:: namespace, the C++11 standard clarifies this, indicating that
<cmath> /must/ provide the functions in the std:: namespace, and /may/
also provide them in the global namespace.

It appears to me that the GCC <cmath> header does the most confusing
thing, by providing only /some/ functions in the global namespace -
namely those for the "double" data type.

Ready for the next round.