POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Create organic creatures : Re: Create organic creatures Server Time
3 May 2024 16:07:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Create organic creatures
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 Jun 2014 03:20:44
Message: <53aa784c$1@news.povray.org>
On 25-6-2014 0:00, Stephen wrote:
> On 24/06/2014 3:33 PM, Altair wrote:
>> Hello everybody
>>
>> I just installed the 3.7 povray version in Linux Debian and I have a
>> question:
>> how I can create any organic creature (human, dog, cat, etc) and
>> export it to
>> povray?.
>>
>> I see Blender, Wings3D and K3d, but I am not sure if this is the way.
>>

> You really need a program like Poser or Daz 3D.
>
> Daz 3D is free.
> Enjoy!
>
> http://www.daz3d.com/

Blender or Wings3D are great for creating any creature. Export to an obj
file and convert to POV-Ray using Poseray (also free).

However, if you want to create from scratch /within/ POV-Ray, try
blobs{}. Sean Day has recently created a very believable ant using
those. See in povray.binaries.images under the title SSLT settings/issue.

Thomas