POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : how to make a revolution plot from a parametric function? : Re: how to make a revolution plot from a parametric function? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 14:10:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to make a revolution plot from a parametric function?
From: Alain
Date: 9 Jun 2014 19:58:08
Message: <53964a10@news.povray.org>

> In the rendered plot, we can see through the object and see multiple surfaces.
> Can we make the iosurface into a solid object? I mean can we plot the out most
> surface only?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Best,
> xslittlegrass

If you want to see any internal surfaces or structure you need to use a
transparent texture.
Unless the surface have any transparency, you'll only see the very first
surface that the tracing ray encounter. In this case, any internal
structure won't be computed as no ray ever reatches them.

In the provided example, the center lobe will be visible if you apply a
rotation around the X axis because it's effectively located outside of
the space defined by the rotation of the end lobes.

Alain